1) Have you had your autosomal DNA tested by a genetics company? Which companies?
2) How many autosomal DNA matches do you have at each company, by approximate relationship?
3) Tell us about them in your own blog post, in a comment to the original post, or on Facebook or Google+.
So, my answers are:
1) I've had an autosomal DNA test done through Family Tree DNA.
2) My matches break down as follows:
20 2nd to 4th cousins
104 3rd to 5th cousins
188 4th to Remote cousins
I've never really gotten anywhere with my Family Finder test, which disappoints me. One match was of major interest to me, because her ancestral surnames mention Nova Scotia, so I hoped maybe, just maybe, I'd found a cousin through my elusive great-great grandma Emma Murphy. Furthermore, we have an X-match, which I don't quite understand.
It would be so neat if I could connect with one of my Family Finder matches and work together to find the common link!
Copyright (c) 2016 Wendy L. Callahan